Monday 23 June 2014

Black and White Beauties.

During the past few days I have been fortunate to catch up with two of our very distinctive black and white butterflies.

Last Thursday it was the Marbled White (Melanargia galathea). Photographed amongst the tall grasses on the southern slope of the North Downs at Ranmore Common. [450D with 70-300 lens].

Today it was the turn of a White Admiral (Limenitis camilla). Photographed in a small sunlit glade along a path leading to Banks Common. [PowerShot SX50 HS].

Both species are likely to also feature in posts on my main blog very soon. During today's stroll I also saw plenty of Meadow Brown and Ringlets, Comma, Red Admiral, Large Skipper and a handful of Silver-washed Fritillary. You can view my photos of all of these species HERE.  FAB.

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous butterfly sightings. Lovely photos. Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - how gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty these black and white butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfull butterfly and shot, have a nice day summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos of beautiful creatures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen very few butterflies as yet. I am really hoping to see more, but not expecting any monarch eggs in my milkweed garden as it is a bad year for them.. thank you for linking in Frank..Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...these are simply gorgeous!!!
    Amazing clarity.

    Thanks for visiting me at Hootin' Anni's and I'd Rather B Birdin' today. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pictures - just shows that you don't have to have all kinds of bright colours to look splendid!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great photos Frank, the Marbled White and White Admiral are superb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful compositions.. Have a nice day Frank..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marvelous photos of this beautiful butterflies. Amazing !
    Best regads, Synnöve

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures of some good black and whites in colour.

    Sorry for the slow reply - very hectic weeks!

    Stewart M

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit and I appreciate your comments.